Sunday, April 7, 2013

70th Wedding Anniversary

I was able to go up to Idaho this weekend to celebrate my grandparents 70th wedding anniversary, my Grandma's 90th birthday and having 100 descendents!  (By the end of this year they will have 103!) I only had intentions of going up and back in the same day, so I brought Eric and Aubrey with me and left Lily and Jennifer with Zac at home.  When we got to their house in the morning, Grandpa showed Eric his WWII uniform and his purple heart, bronze star and other medals.  He even got out the Nazi flag that he used to cover his foxholes.  Eric soaked everything up that Grandpa told him.  I really wish I would have gotten a picture of it.  You could see the admiration in Eric's face.

My family is amazing!  All the decorations, food, program, etc was wonderful!  I found out this weekend that I am the 22nd descendent of my grandparents, Lily is the 80th.  Tammi put together a descendent book for them in the order of everyone.  Some of the great-grandkids sang "I am a Child of God."  Steve played/sang a beautiful song, and Grandpa gave some touching words. 
 I am so glad I was able to attend, it was a really busy weekend but I really wanted to go.  It was so much fun to see everyone and be a part of this celebration.
 I loved watching Grandma and Grandpa cut the beautiful cake that Debie made.  Grandma was being a good sport and making some funny faces for pictures.  My camera was acting up and I always caught the tail end.  I love seeing her playful side.
At the party I found out that some of my cousins were going up to the cabin to play games and hang out.  I really didn't want to leave Idaho yet, I felt like we just got there.  So I surprised the kids and we went up to the Steve & Sharon's cabin.  The kids were thrilled when I told them that we could sleep there if the grocery store had toothbrushes.  They couldn't believe it.  We had so much fun!  I loved being able to socialize with my cousins and the kids had so much fun playing.  Steve & Sharon spoiled us and the Millburn's.  They are so kind.  I love my family! When we woke up this morning it was SNOWING at the cabin.  It was such a fun weekend and I am so glad that we came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment