Saturday, April 13, 2013

Aubrey's Baptism

 Aubrey got baptized this morning!  She was so nervous about it.  She "practiced" with Zac several times before we left this morning.  Earlier this week she had her baptism interview with the Bishop.  When she got home I asked her how it went.  She told me that he asked her why she wanted to be baptized.  I asked her what she said.  She told me, "so I can become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  And so I can hold the priesthood."  Zac and I both started laughing.  Zac chimes in, "So...you are one of THOSE."  I asked Aubrey what the Bishop did when she said that.  She said he started laughing like we did.

Yesterday I was catching up on the television show "Hell's Kitchen" when Aubrey walked into the room.  They have some colorful language on the show, most of it is beeped out.  Aubrey got frustrated that they were saying so many bad words.  She told me every time she hears someone say a bad word, she is going to replace it with the word "beautiful."  Then she showed me what she meant.  "Beautiful you!"  "Oh my beautiful!"  "Son of a Beautiful!"  I guess it does sound better.  I probably should have turned of the show.
 Last night I stopped at Walmart for some items and found these "floating" diamonds for your hair.  They worked so much better than the flower I had planned to put in her hair.
 Getting ready for the baptism.  Aubrey got a phone call as we were doing her hair from Grandpa and Nana in Romania!  She was so excited to talk to them.  I sure wish they were here for this...I was hopeful until they got their re-assigned mission call.  I'm glad they were able to talk to her ahead of time though.  We got to the church early (surprised?) and got ready in the jumpsuits.
 The mandatory pictures by the picture of Jesus.  I love this picture with Zac and the girls.  We were waiting for the other ward to finish and all the girls were climbing on Zac.  They want to be around him all the time.  They love their Dad!
 Eric had to give the youth speaker talked.  He did wonderful!  He was so nervous.  We found out he had to talk 2 days before her baptism.  I wrote him a talk and had him rehearse it over and over with me.  He couldn't pronounce some larger words (like Celestial) and would stumble over them while reading.  When it was his turn to speak, he jumped right up and did great!  I am so proud of him.  Right before he was suppose to go up he told me that he couldn't do it.  He felt sick and really didn't want to do it.

Aubrey was the first in her group of 3 to be baptized.  Lily ran after me and Aubrey as we headed to the font.  I stood at the top of the stairs as Aubrey went into the font.  I set Lily down for a moment to grab the towel and caught Lily almost down the first step...NAKED with 1/2 her diaper on!  She wanted a bath!  I'm glad the mirror didn't catch that little scene for everyone!

Aubrey said she felt happier as soon as she was out.  She asked Zac immediately if she could do it again.  Zac told her, "I hope you never have to do it again."  After she was confirmed (Zac gave a beautiful confirmation) we were in the car driving to eat, Aubrey was trying to figure out where the Holy Ghost "attached" itself to her.  She didn't have any pockets so He couldn't be in there, and her shoulder didn't feel heavy so He wasn't sitting on it.  I think we have a lot of clarifying to do with her.

Here is most of the group.  The Englebright's had to leave right after the confirmation.  Thank you to everyone who was able to make it for Aubrey's special day!
 We went to Emmett & Ethel's for lunch afterwards.  The kids were excited they got to sit at their own table.  I made them eat "real food" before we could order the ice cream.
 Aubrey has been talking about ordering a banana split all week.  Eric wanted one too, so I ordered one for each of them.  I had no idea they were so huge!
 We had a great time with great company!  Thanks again to everyone who came!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Your kids are awesome! Lily wanting a bath - Aubrey looking for the Holy Ghost. Oh man. So glad you recorded this! I wish I could have been there to witness it! Congratulations Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an extra special day! Love all the details and pictures. Love the picture of Zac with the girls and all the group. Give Aubrey a big hug for us. We are so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete