Sunday, December 1, 2013

Time Out for Women

We went to Time Out for Women in Salt Lake this year.  We had the nose bleed seats, but they were perfect!  It wasn't crowded where we were sitting.  We started out the day at Amy's house for all of us to catch up on our blogs.  Unfortunately, my laptop has a virus (we found out when Steve came over during his lunch break to help me), so I wasn't able to access the internet.  We had a potluck of soup and salad before we heading up to the E-Center.
After the talks Friday night, we came to my house to spend the night!  It was so fun to have everyone there.  We played cards (and ate alot) until 1 am.
We got to the E-Center just in time Saturday morning.  Diane and Dad were able to Skype us on Heidi's phone while we were driving down.  They were able to watch the talks online.  It's amazing how much technology has changed things.
We had an "interesting" day trying to eat.  It just wasn't working out for us.  We went the entire day without eating.
After the conference, we went to Red Robin to eat.  There wasn't any one waiting when we arrived.  They had some 16 yr old girls working the hostess stand.  They seemed really confused.  A group came in, and they got seated right away.  Then another.  And another.  We couldn't believe this was happening to us!  We were SO hungry!

We finally have food and were able to eat!
I don't know if I would go again if it is at the E-Center.  The food situation was so bad, that it completely turned me off from going there.  I had a great time with these girls though!  The talks and Hilary Weeks and Sandra Turley were amazing though!  I heard some things in the talks that I really needed to hear.  Even without eating, it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment