Friday, August 30, 2013

1st day of Kindergarten

Jennifer started Kindergarten!  Where did the time go?  She was so excited to finally be going to school.  The weekend leading up to school starting, she would chase Penny around the house saying, "Penny I'm in Kindergarten."  Over and over.  When I was grocery shopping, she would go up to random people to tell them she is in Kindergarten.

We went to her back to school night and Kindergarten assessment last week.  We picked up her first homework - which is a paper that tells all about her, and has a blank body outline that she is suppose to color/fill in to look like her.  The instructions said we could be creative and use whatever we want to fill in the body, as long as it's not food.  I took Jennifer to the store and she picked out different colored glitter, pipe cleaners, and google eyes.  She had so much fun creating her person.  Aubrey kept on telling her how beautiful her picture turned out.
It was sunny, and she just wanted to run and play.  We are suppose to drop her off in the Kindergarten gate and she plays until her teacher calls her to line up.
I got her to place her backpack on the class "line" but she wouldn't wait for me to take another picture with her eyes open.  She took off and was on the playground.  She didn't even hug me!  I'm glad she is so independent and excited for school.  Watch out teacher!  She is SPUNKY.
Zac picked her up after class, and the first words were, "Can I come back again tomorrow?"  It was a success.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Jennifer cracks me up! I'm glad she is so excited about going to school!

    ReplyDelete