Thursday, August 15, 2013

Anna's Baptism Weekend

 Aubrey and I were lucky enough to attend Anna's baptism in Arizona last weekend.  This was Aubrey's 1st plane ride that she will remember (she flew when she was a baby).  She was so excited to fly.  They now have Market Street Grill at the airport!  I love their breakfast.  After we took off, I asked her how she felt.  She told me she felt like she was riding in Daddy's mustang.
 The flight attendant came and gave Aubrey some "wings."
 I wasn't thinking when I scheduled our flight.  We got into Phoenix by 9am.  The kids wouldn't be home from school until 3pm.  So Aubrey and I headed to an outdoor mall and went shopping, had lunch, and went to a movie.
 These two were inseparable the entire weekend.
 I love that Aubrey wanted to pose like Anna.
 The 3 girls.  Aubrey loves playing with them.
 Anna was tired of pictures at this point.
 Cute family picture.
 Anna's baptism went really smooth.  Madison gave a wonderful talk.  I asked Anna after she was baptized if she felt any different.  She told me she felt wet.
 Lisa's Mom was able to fly out too for the baptism.
 After we got home, we all went to the country club.  The girls headed for the pools, and the boys headed for the golf course.  Aubrey loved being able to order a smoothie at the pool.
 Anna chose to go to the country club for dinner.  They gave our reservation to another party, thinking it was us.  So they had us sit at 2 different tables.  I was nervous when the kids started clanking their glasses together.  Oh well, the restaurant is the one that sat them together.  They actually did really well.  It was fun to look over and see them having conversations.
 The next day the girls were back in the pool.  Andrew was nice and pulled them around the pool.
 We loved Arizona.  Aubrey cried on the shuttle to the airport.  Justin and Lisa are always such great hosts when we come. We can't wait to visit again.
 Waiting for our flight home.  It is a 1 hour 5 min flight.  That beats 12 hours of driving any day!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful girls trip! I'm glad you were able to go, Aubrey will never forget it! I bet it made Anna feel so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey looks like she is having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing memories Aubrey will have going with you for the weekend. Wish we could have made it to be there for Anna.

    ReplyDelete