Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

 We ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon again this year.  I was so tired this morning.  Because of Zac's mustang breaking down last night and getting home so late, we didn't fall asleep until after midnight.  We had to get up at 4 am for the race.  Also, we were at the Utah County Fair from 2:30-9:30pm yesterday.  Neither of us drank a lot of water during the day and it was HOT.  We also ate fair food.  Needless to say, we decided to run this race for "fun" instead of getting a "personal record."

Zac decided to run with me and promised he wouldn't criticize how fast/slow I was going.  He did really good and was really supportive.  I definitely didn't break my record, but we finished it faster than my first half marathon.  We ran a slow and steady 10min/mile pace.  We finished exactly at 2 hour 10 min.  Not a time we are proud of, but we are glad we ran it.  The race is so beautiful.  I think we would have done a lot better if we weren't feeling dehydrated even before the race.
We didn't have any time to walk around after we finished.  We had to rush back to take Aubrey to gymnastics. 

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't want to comment on all your posts. :) But, awesome job on the half marathon. I would have chosen to sleep. 2nd place on the car? Awesome! At least you guys broke down so close to home. Glad Zac was able to have such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job - It's fun to see you running together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to do it! I'm with Zac I would have wanted the shirt!

    ReplyDelete